2000 Concourse Beep when closing couch

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
HappyCamper

2000 Concourse Beep when closing couch

Post by HappyCamper »

In my 2000 Concourse, I hear a "Beep" when I close up/fold up the couch. Has anyone experienced this? If so, what is the cause and what corrective action should I take to eliminate the beep. I know of not electrical connectivity between the couch and the RV's electrical system.
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Re: 2000 Concourse Beep when closing couch

Post by deppstein »

Full disclosure—electrical sleuthing is not my strong suit…but it occurs to me that the beep when folding the couch and the tripping of the in house power might be related. The low-voltage module that shuts off power from the batteries to the house stuff is located under the couch on the pillar behind the driver’s seat. Maybe some metal support of the couch is loose and hitting that when you jackknife the couch and shorting things…again, just a thought.
David
HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper »

David, Thanks for your insight. Never thought about the LVD being touched/shorted. I will certainly check out that possibility. Thanks again. Jim
HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper »

David, Checked the clearances under my folding 2000 Concourse couch/bed and found no place where the couch components came close to any electrical component. Thus, I am at a loss as to why a beep might occur when I convert from the bed to the couch. Thanks. Jim Price
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

We’ll, if not the LVD or one of the wires that run behind/under the couch, then I too am stumped…especially since it seems to only happen when folding and then stop. Curiouser and curiouser.
Sorry not to be of more help.
David
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Put a voltmeter on the sense port and the ground port on the LVD and see if the voltage changes when you open/close the couch. I am sure there is some physical reason your LVD beep. You can then replace or put in extra wires for the sense port, or clean/add the grounding wiring, and the beep (and the voltage frustration) should disappears. If the voltage does not change when you open/close the couch and it still beeps, maybe something is loose inside the LVD. Or maybe a green genie will come out... Another possible reason is your battery is weak, or the resettable breakers between the LVD and the batteries need replacement.

So far, I have seen a few smoking electronic devices, but never a genie.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis