Brass drain petcock replacement

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Brass drain petcock replacement

Post by FatBuoy »

Yep! There was a crack in the 3-way valve. But since I broke the t-handle off of the petcock, I have to replace it anyway.

Going with this, and will report back https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07DLHQX9W?ps ... ct_details
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Do you have the crimping tool for the metal ring? I was about to use my pliers to wing it, but I was able to borrow tool from someone else.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

chin_k wrote: February 13th, 2022, 10:27 am Do you have the crimping tool for the metal ring? I was about to use my pliers to wing it, but I was able to borrow tool from someone else.
I do. I bought one when I installed an exterior shower in our first Chinook.
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area
Constance

Post by Constance »

Hi everyone. I have an identical leak at my 3-way valve. I am using a hair dryer to loosen the lines, but am having a really hard time getting the tubing off the friction fittings on the 3-way valve. My plan is to remove and replace the 3-way valve and test for any further leaking. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Oh, and my furnace also went out, so that's fun. Pretty sure it's the sail switch, but water leak comes first!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

If you know for sure the 3-way valve is bad, then you can try to sacrifice it by cutting the ends off and see if that will make it easier to remove. The plastic is not going to be affect much by heat (same tubing is rated for hot water), so hair dryer may not help much. I assume you already have the replace valve with you? I do not know if the valve is serviceable, but it would be great if you can just take it apart (without remove it from the tubings) and replace the stem and stop the leak. If anyone can confirm that it can be service, that will be good news, but last time I took a quiet look, it seems to be a landfill item when it leaks.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis