find replacement window screens

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
Shelly

find replacement window screens

Post by Shelly »

Any suggestions on where to find replacement window screens for a 1997 Chinook Premier? Dog scratched through them on our first trip, as I feared.
BruceR

Re: find replacement window screens

Post by BruceR »

I just purchased a rebuild kit at Lowes (or maybe Home Depot) and installed the new screen myself. This assumes one still has the aluminum frame.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

If the frame still good, can't you just bring it to a window shop and have it re-screened?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
JabberBox

Post by JabberBox »

If you plan on keeping the Dog why bother?
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

I'm in the same boat, but for my Concourse, which has some really weird angles. And the whole screen is missing, including the frame, in my case. No dog. :D

Anyone have suggestions?
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area
HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper »

Does anyone have a good method to lubricate the 2000 Concourse window shade string guides? I plan to to "grease" the strings with silicone lubricant to make them easier to slide up and down. Better ideas?
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Never thought of that, but my opinion is that you want to use something that don't attract dirt and dust, so nothing sticky when dried. Definitely not grease (solid) lub... what everyone think?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
ltg

Post by ltg »

McLube SailKote is a high quality dry lubricant that will not attract dust. It goes on wet but dries in seconds.
It is, in my opinion, the very best dry lubricant you can find.
The only con and this is a big con, is that it is very expensive and hard to find.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I removed those original blinds because they didn't really work for me, but.... a couple considerations before lubricating the strings:

1) If you drive with the blinds down, the lower frames bang on the windows (could perhaps be mitigated).

2) If you silicone lubricate the strings, the blinds may not stay up when you want them to? Especially when driving.

Maybe neither of those things affect you.
1999 Concourse
HappyCamper

Post by HappyCamper »

Thanks Larry and Blu. I will try to fine the McLube SailKote. Sounds like it might do the trick. Jim