What's the BEST motor club to join? Good Sam etc.

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Re: What's the BEST motor club to join? Good Sam etc.

Post by Flame »

I have Texas Farm Bureau insurance and just got back from my agents office. I have roadside assistance even on my Chinook. It only costs $6 a year!! It only pays $120 per incident but I have it on all my vehicles. Just last week the ac compresser locked up on my wifes car and broke the serpentine belt and left her stranded. Towing to shop was $125!! My policy covers flat tire,gas,oil,locksmith, and being winched out of a ditch or something. Really don't know what else I would need. My insurance also covers a rental car if needed.
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

All—be sure to double-check the member benefits before getting a AAA Premier membership to make sure it does indeed include RV towing...Northeast Region AAA, for example, does not offer that—which is why I ended up with both AAA and Good Sam Roadside Assistance.
David
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Good point, David. My California AAA does indeed include RV towing. It never occurred to me if that's still the case when I leave the state, and if not, which states are not included. Rats. Another chore.

I tried to renew my registration at AAA in another state just recently and I was denied. So I guess their policies are regional.
1994 Premier
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Yeah, AAA is regional. I am not familiar with them, however.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
dougm

Post by dougm »

You can sit down with your insurance agent and build a custom policy for your RV that covers whatever you want. I built a custom policy on mine that includes towing up to $700, $10,000 replacement of personal belongings inside the vehicle, $40,000 replacement value if the truck is totaled in an accident of any type, you can add whatever you want.

I had Good Sams for a couple of years, i bought a fantastic fan at Camping World and got the membership for $10 when i checked out. I see its $29 on their website so enquire the next time you purchase something at camping world before you pay $29. Anyway at $10 it was a no brainer just because of the fuel savings at 5 cents per gallon and like 15 cents per gallon on propane at flying J and free shitter dumping at camping world.
MJH2004Summit

Post by MJH2004Summit »

We have Good Sam and have had great service from them. We just bout a 2004 Summit and while attempting to drive it across the country a tire flew off and rolled down the highway. They asked the right questions, had us send pictures and the right kind of tow truck arrived.