Bathroom light vent fan

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
dirksgoat

Re: Bathroom light vent fan

Post by dirksgoat »

caconcourse wrote: November 30th, 2020, 11:58 pm
dirksgoat wrote: November 30th, 2020, 7:24 pm Did you reuse the orginal trim ring, or so called Garnish with the led light ring?
I did reuse the original trim, and screwed the light ring to the trim.

Do you happen to know which replacement trim is correct for chinooks? Mine was missing and there appears to be several with different depths.
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

dirksgoat wrote: December 1st, 2020, 6:06 am
caconcourse wrote: November 30th, 2020, 11:58 pm
dirksgoat wrote: November 30th, 2020, 7:24 pm Did you reuse the orginal trim ring, or so called Garnish with the led light ring?
I did reuse the original trim, and screwed the light ring to the trim.

Do you happen to know which replacement trim is correct for chinooks? Mine was missing and there appears to be several with different depths.
The trim is about 1 3/4" deep, but that is not an exact measurement. Probably the 2 1/8" or the 1 1/2" versions work. I would try this one: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002U ... 0DER&psc=1
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

I disassembled the original light and fan fixture as both fan and lights did not work.
I took the switches out and reconnected the fan wires, and the fan works very well! The switch is bad.
I tried the same with the 4 original bulb lights, and they didn't turn on. The filaments look intact, so perhaps the bulb housing that they plug into are bad, because I took the bulbs out and all 4 work nicely.
Has anyone had an issue with this? I recall Chin mentioned this issue many threads ago.
If it's something internal to the wires or sockets, I will replace the whole light ring with that LED one on Amazon.
Clay, I see that the fan you have has two push buttons similar to the originals. If I use my original fan, how will the lights work on that new LED ring?
Maybe I should just replace the whole thing like you did and call it good, but inquiring minds like to know!
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

Astrodokk wrote: August 18th, 2022, 1:29 pm If it's something internal to the wires or sockets, I will replace the whole light ring with that LED one on Amazon.
Clay, I see that the fan you have has two push buttons similar to the originals. If I use my original fan, how will the lights work on that new LED ring?
Maybe I should just replace the whole thing like you did and call it good, but inquiring minds like to know!
When I replaced the fan, I had to drill another hole for the light switch. Those old lights are really a bad idea. They draw a lot of power, compared to LEDs and get so hot they damage (burn) the plastic light cover. The new LED ring is so much nicer. The fan replacement is nicer as well.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA