toilet paper holder location

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

toilet paper holder location

Post by chin_k »

Mine used to have the toilet roller mounted on the door, and I do not like it because there is very little room there if I want to get changed or do my "business" inside. I see that most of the newer Chinook have a marine type toilet paper holder mounted on a cutout under the bathroom sink. I think that is a better location (and take out less space), but is there an even better alternative? I got one of these roll holders, and was thinking that maybe move it further closer to the outside wall, near the faucet, or even above the sink. Any idea?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Re: toilet paper holder location

Post by HoosierB »

chin_k,
I have the same situation and agree with you on the "limited space" our bathrooms have. I removed the OEM door mounted holder and purchased the recessed marine TP holder thinking I would install under the sink (close to the door opening like the newer models you mentioned). It looks like a tight fit, needing to be below the sink level for a flush fit. I need to remove the false MDF wall in the exterior rear compartment to get a better look at what space is available for that installation. I haven't thought about a different location but I'm curious to know what other options might work...

This is the model:
tp holder.jpg
tp holder.jpg (5.77 KiB) Viewed 3102 times
I modified it by adding a traditional plastic spring tube to hold the roll in place.
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Kirah »

FWIW, mine is an open roll mounted on the wall that has the door, well above sink height. The room is so small it's no stretch to reach, but it's high enough that I don't get it wet when I'm bathing (it's just below shoulder height on a shortie like me, and I'm a little careful about where I aim the hand shower). It's very much out of the way for using the space for all its intended functions.
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted:
daltonbourne

Post by daltonbourne »

I was really surprised by the high quality of the YIGII stainless steel toilet paper holder. It was so easy to install and the adhesive backing is by 3M. Looks great and I haven't had any issues with it. The extension arm from the baseplate only measures 2.75 inches, saving space.