My new dinghy!

Anything that goes behind your Chinook, flat, trailer, toys.
Willywalderbeast

My new dinghy!

Post by Willywalderbeast »

I’ve been searching a while now for a clean Dodge Raider to flat tow behind the camper for certain trips. The other day one poped up 10hrs away so I dropped everything and headed south to grab it.
C3C7E7FC-C8E1-4891-AC99-0B6066C161D9.jpeg
On the drive home I ordered a OME lift for the truck as well as a set of 235/85 ATs that should be here this week. Also found a nice set of steel Chevy Rally wheels locally on CL that I’m going to grab today. Super excited about this little guy haha
Blue~Go

Re: My new dinghy!

Post by Blue~Go »

Well that's just cute (in a capable way). I'm not sure I even knew those existed? Has a Tracker type feel to it.

I've been towing a car for around a year now. It's great for zipping around the backroads, running errands, and using as a gear storage pod :D Downside is the Chinook then feels less exploratory (because of the can't back up thing, which I find super annoying since I'm fine with backing a trailer). But overall I'm enjoying it and would probably only leave the towed car at home if I were doing something like a "'round the US" type road trip where driving every day was the focus.

Anyway, yay for spur-of-the-moment long distance trips to scoop up cool stuff :D
1999 Concourse
dougm

Post by dougm »

I inquired about this little guy, its imported and its a turbo diesel but its also right hand drive. Its a neat little truck but i felt it was over priced at $8500 due to it being right hand drive and the potential for major issues once i got it home and went to pay taxes and register it account of import laws.
https://www.jdmcarandmotorcycle.com/199 ... 263910.veh
949342889.jpg
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Doug, is your Chinook use diesel? I think it would be pain to have different fuel on the toad and the RV... but that is just me.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
dougm

Post by dougm »

I dont see it being an issue with the mileage the little 2.8 litre turbo diesel engine gets. If it does happen to need fuel simply fuel it up prior to returning to the chinook. I mean your not draggng it with you to look cool, your dragging it along to use it. I opted to not get it anyway because of the potential issues with registering it in Nebraska.
Willywalderbeast

dougm wrote: May 21st, 2018, 9:33 am I inquired about this little guy, its imported and its a turbo diesel but its also right hand drive. Its a neat little truck but i felt it was over priced at $8500 due to it being right hand drive and the potential for major issues once i got it home and went to pay taxes and register it account of import laws.
https://www.jdmcarandmotorcycle.com/199 ... 263910.veh
949342889.jpg
That thing is rad haha. But if they are selling it’s for $8500 they probably imported it for under $5000. I’ve imported a bunch of stuff from Japan and it’s super easy. If you want something like this I suggest you just import it yourself and save a ton. You can import anything 25yrs or older and most states have no problem with you registering them.

I have a contact in Japan if you would like his email let me know.

I’ve been importing a bunch of these little Kei trucks, they are the best! My latest import is a scissor lift.
96CF6ACA-AD4C-4514-B586-8ACA70767AED.jpeg
eporter123
**Forum Contributor**

Post by eporter123 »

Soooo much cool stuff to be had from japan now that the 25 year date is rolling into the 90s. Probably the best decade for vehicles before they got too complicated with tech that will be failing at 25 years of age.

That JDM Amigo is great! Err... I mean, "Mysterious Utility"...
Attachments
chi1.jpg
Former owner of a 2000 Chinook Premier, V-10, with no Interior...
Willywalderbeast

She’s almost ready to be towed behind the camper! Just need to modify the bumper and weld on the brackets for the tow hitch!
0FD46B3F-3CA9-4C65-8DFD-1AFB9C407619.jpeg