Wanted - Refrig door bottom trim.

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Wanted - Refrig door bottom trim.

Post by 68camaro »

Hi all, I have a 2001 Concourse with the Domatic Model # RM3663 refrigerator.

The bottom molding on the refrigerator door cracked and needs to be replaced. I could not find replacement online.

If anyone has swapped out or replaced their refrigerator and no longer needs this piece I would love to buy it from you. Also, I do not do facebook, so if someone sees refrig door or notices someone getting rid of theirs I would appreciate the lead.

Thanks in advance....
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
BobW9

Re: Wanted - Refrig door bottom trim.

Post by BobW9 »

A few years ago I replaced my refrigerator door, from same Rm3663. It was at Dyersonline.com, though I don't see it on their site right now.

Dometic 2932563048 Refrigerator DR ASM,FF,R,PNL-6CF
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

BobW9 wrote: March 5th, 2023, 10:20 pm A few years ago I replaced my refrigerator door, from same Rm3663. It was at Dyersonline.com, though I don't see it on their site right now.

Dometic 2932563048 Refrigerator DR ASM,FF,R,PNL-6CF
Thanks, it appears I can still get the door for 175 - 240 but hoping I can find just the lower molding. The lower molding holds the heavy black facia in place, I rigged a fix but due to my off-road bumpy roads I am not sure how long it will last.
LosLaureles

Post by LosLaureles »

I replaced all refrigerator trim pieces with light aluminum angle from ace hardware. Just bring old piece to ace and match size. Use some scotchbrite and you get a modern brushed trim finish.
2000 Chinook Premier
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

LosLaureles wrote: March 6th, 2023, 6:47 am I replaced all refrigerator trim pieces with light aluminum angle from ace hardware. Just bring old piece to ace and match size. Use some scotchbrite and you get a modern brushed trim finish.
Great idea. I thought about make with thin sheetmetal but I am stickler for originality wherever it makes sense. If I cannot locate piece, Ace will be next stop.

Thanks,

Chuck
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

I had to replace that same piece. Found it here: https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/dom ... 3850381017 I also broke the lower black plastic panel when the bottom fell out. I bought replacement panels at Amazon. When I went to install the new panel, I found out the original panel was installed upside down! There are a couple of (about 1/8") notches and pegs that are supposed to hold the weight of the panel. The notches were supposed to be on the bottom but they were at the top which made them useless. Without the pegs at the bottom, the trim piece has to hold up the panel, so it eventually got brittle and broke. The replacement panel was cut about 1/8" shorter than the original, so the notches were not necessary and the panel could be installed with either end up.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

caconcourse wrote: March 8th, 2023, 2:27 am I had to replace that same piece. Found it here: https://pdxrvwholesale.com/products/dom ... 3850381017 I also broke the lower black plastic panel when the bottom fell out. I bought replacement panels at Amazon. When I went to install the new panel, I found out the original panel was installed upside down! There are a couple of (about 1/8") notches and pegs that are supposed to hold the weight of the panel. The notches were supposed to be on the bottom but they were at the top which made them useless. Without the pegs at the bottom, the trim piece has to hold up the panel, so it eventually got brittle and broke. The replacement panel was cut about 1/8" shorter than the original, so the notches were not necessary and the panel could be installed with either end up.
Great, thank you. Ordering now.
terriv
**Forum Contributor**

Post by terriv »

Wow! Nice link. They carry lots of good stuff!
Thanks
2000 Concourse Dinette 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10
Go Wagon
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Thanks all. I got the correct part and it was an OEM replacement with perfect fit, it was about $35.00.

BobW9, I did get at Dyers RV and they did have part on their website:
Dometic Refrigerator Beige Door Deco Trim Strip W/Logos
SKU: 40471

Caconcourse, PDXrvwholesale had part as well but they only allowed PayPal which I do not use and they did not respond to my emails about sending check or alternative credit card.

Chuck