Need pictures of black-gray tanks installed

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
BobW9

Need pictures of black-gray tanks installed

Post by BobW9 »

I removed my tanks and pipes under my Concourse over 2 years ago, but then things happened and they've been off ever since. Now I'm finally putting them back on, and I think I may have lost some parts (figures). And I can't find some of the photos I took from before I removed everything. I have some of the pipes and how they all fit together (I'm having to redo that entire rats nest, because mine had been replaced years ago and were angled in a way that was causing water to back up into the shower sometimes). But I can't find any showing the support for the tanks.

Does anyone have any pictures, or could take a few, underneath their Concourse? I would like to see how the brackets/bars/straps hold the black and gray tanks up, and where exactly they cross the tanks.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Bob
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
caconcourse

Re: Need pictures of black-gray tanks installed

Post by caconcourse »

IMAG0605.jpg
IMAG0606.jpg
Here are a couple of pictures from the passenger side showing the tanks and brackets over the MorRyde stabilizer bar. Here is a pic of the gray water drain pipe exit
PXL_20210825_020721363.jpg
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

This is one of the black tank exit, but I hope yours looks much better. My blank tank had cracked and this was the previous owners repair. The main pipe recently cracked, but my repair doesn't look much better.
PXL_20210825_020727935.jpg
If you have the black cleanout port, the pex tube runs down from the rear storage behind the rear bumper and up into the side of the blank tank. I thought I had a pic of the valve connections, but I can't find it. I changed mine a bit when I fixed the latest crack, and my gray valve handle now sticks out at 45 degrees.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

Thanks, Clay. Actually, my black tank had a leak in that same area, and the patch(es) was equally ugly. And it didn't last more than a year. Problem is our tanks are LDPE, not ABS, so only plastic heat welds work. Glues will just not hold over time. I'm putting in a brand new set of tanks this time.
terriv
**Forum Contributor**

Post by terriv »

Hope these might help.
Terri
Attachments
20221024_114827.jpg
20221024_114802.jpg
20221024_115027.jpg
2000 Concourse Dinette 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10
Go Wagon
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

Thanks, Terri. Looks like both of you have just 2 bars holding up the gray tank. I have those (kind of rusted, but they still look strong), just didn't seem enough for what must be 250lbs or more when the tank is nearly full.