Best headlight to use??

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Best headlight to use??

Post by Flame »

My 1998 Concourse E-350 headlights SUCK!! PLEASE tell me what to buy to replace them. The lenses are perfectly clear but bulbs do NOT shine bright on road at all!! Looks like I have "standard halogen bulbs" in them but whatever they are It's almost like driving with just bright park lights on!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Best headlight to use??

Post by chin_k »

It will help if you take off your sunglasses! Kidding :)

Do you have the ancillary lights on the bottom? They are helpful to supplement the headlights. I think if you get the more expensive headlights, it will help. Just don't go overboard and blind the oncoming drivers. I usually just turn on the high beams when no one if in front of me, and that is all I needed to see. I have the regular cheapo lamps. If you do a lot of driving in the woods, you may want to see if you can supplement with off-road light that you can install on the top. They are off-road only, so you can't use them on the road/freeway. I am not very familiar with the rule, so make sure you observe the local regulation when you mod the rig.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Best headlight to use??

Post by 68camaro »

For my 2001 I used the Vantage Optics Ford Econoline Basic Plug and Play HID Retrofit Kit, back in 2018 they were $450 plus shipping/tax. Very happy with them. They do have the line in across the top of light but to be not a biggie, high beam is aweesome.

Also, I have never had cars coming towards me flickering high beams indicating mine were too bright.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.