Upgrade from Chinook for better sleeping comfort??

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Upgrade from Chinook for better sleeping comfort??

Post by Flame »

Hey all, Wife and I LOVE our 1998 Concourse but still struggle with sleeping comfort. We are thinking of selling and would like to know what would be a good USED brand to purchase at maybe a 25 -30 footer. Don't want ANYTHING with a jacknife sofa for a bed. Want at least a full size queen mattress? Any suggestions? We would like to stay $35,000 or below. Thanks in advance.
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Upgrade from Chinook for better sleeping comfort??

Post by chin_k »

Oh, that is sad. Did you consider redoing the sofa? There are a few threads on that here and elsewhere.

Or you are looking for a longer rig? I don't think I would like something as long as a 30 ft, but YMMV.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
ltg

Post by ltg »

Chinook has a 27ft model that had a permanent queen bed. But, I doubt you will be able to find one for $35,000.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

Chin, I would love to remove the jacknife and make 2 twin beds. Then we will keep our "Land Shark". Just trying to figure a few things out. My sister in law travels a lot with us but not overnight. Where would she sit? On a bed and just put pillows behind her? I have already put a twin bed on the passenger side but want to remove the jacknife and do something on that side. I REALLY don't want to sell the Chinook!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I don't know how well the twin bed works for your wife, since if she does not like it, it may not be a good idea for you to change other aspect. Her priority is very important.

Anyway, for your sister-in-law, if all she need is a seat, it can be done, but not easy. The Concourse is really meant for two adults, so there is no where for her to be buckled in when the rig is on the road. I have not seen any seat that can be converted into a comfortable bed. Maybe one of those Sienna passenger seat that can lay completely flat, and you put some bedding top on it? It is not not very integrated, for sure, but at least you know everyone will have a safe seat.

There has to be some compromise somewhere, and I think Chinook did a great job. When you get your 30 feeter, I am sure you will see that you will also need to compromise something on it. You just can't please everyone all the time.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

Chin, I'm going with the twin bed set up. When sis n law rides I will put a TV lounging type pillow in for her to lean back on. She never wore the seatbelt on the jackknife sofa anyway!! What do you think? Take it out when it is just wife and I travelling on overnighters.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I think it will be great if someone can come up with a way to put in a passenger seat with integrated seat belt (Sienna?) and have it convertible to a twin bed at night. The seat can be swing around and used as a pillow???

It will certainly take some ingenuity, but I think it is doable... do you think it will be comfortable for you to sleep with such a contraction?