Banks Power Pack

Everything to do with engines, options, upgrades.
Jermanitor

Re: Banks Power Pack

Post by Jermanitor »

I should mention that I changed the Y pipe and muffler. It all came in the Banks kit.
I can't believe how restricted the V10's are!
Jermanitor

Post by Jermanitor »

Milage report after Banks Power pack installation.

Miles driven: 1378
Speed driven: 70mph
Gallons used:141
Miles Per Gallon:9.77

The Banks Power pack offers big gains in power not in milage :( :(
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Jermanitor wrote:The Banks Power pack offers big gains in power not in mileage :( :(
Thank you very much for the report.

It's not unexpected, partly because you probably are subtly enjoying the extra power :)

Anyway, it's why if I were rich, I'd get extra gears with an over/underdrive box.

Although man I'd love the Banks as well !! I think it's the fear of broken bolts that holds me back. Maybe I just need to practice extracting broken bolts with heads from a junkyard :lol:
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
LosLaureles

Post by LosLaureles »

I have appointment for the Banks Exhaust manifold upgrade, I am not expecting much in performance improvements. However, I would like to ask educated questions when I arrive at Banks Power. Any advice welcome from current Banks users. FYI, I am only making the change because I know of at least one manifold stud is broken and have a small leak when engine is cold. I don't want the issue getting worse before the next smog check. I currently don't have plans on upgrading the cold air intake with the Banks System.
2000 Chinook Premier