Fridge Fire

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Fridge Fire

Post by chin_k »

We probably want to continue the disposal aspect in the Camp Fire subforum.

So far, the local trash collectors are not really going after violation, as far as I know. Landfill cost is increasing, and demand for cardboard and other electronic wastes is going down as the world changes. As well informed citizens, we just need to be aware of the hidden cost when we make an online order, or when grocery store give out bags. We need to consider how to dispose the packaging, and how to recycle/etc. the item when it needs to be maintained or retired. As first step, I refuse to buy food products that almost has as much packaging as the food itself.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I just remember that there maybe a sheet with the serial number in the closet. It lists the various appliances in the rig, and have the model and serial number info on it. If you are not the original owner, it is possible they put it in the maintenance record folder....

It will be helpful if you contact Dometic about the incidence even if you do not have the serial number. Your rig is one of the newer ones out there, and it maybe not part of the recall effort. But it will be good if they knew about it in case you are one of many others who also report the problems.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

I have been considering having my fridge converted to a HVAC unit by JC Refrigeration (https://jc-refrigeration.com/), among the many benefits, they list a "no fire" hazard on Question/Answers Page:

Q - will this completely eliminate the fire hazard that is present with the gas/elect unit
A - yes, the fire hazard will be gone since this is freon that is non-explosive and the LP function is eliminated

Not cheap unit but should significantly increase frig performance and energy savings.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.