I-95 NC Welcome Center Overnight

Travels and adventures.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

I-95 NC Welcome Center Overnight

Post by 68camaro »

Woke up at I-95 NC Welcome Center Rest area on 5/10 to see a Chinook parked a few spaces ahead of me. They got there after me but I was gone at 5:30am.

Was it anyone here?

BTW went fishin'....
IMG_1494.jpg
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: I-95 NC Welcome Center Overnight

Post by chin_k »

We were there a few weeks ago, but we just passing thru on a rental Camary and never say overnight. Do you eat all the fish your got, or you are doing bait and release? I love fish, but it is a lot of work to dress and cut it out in the field, but maybe it is because I am too lazy.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: I-95 NC Welcome Center Overnight

Post by 68camaro »

chin_k wrote: May 11th, 2021, 12:24 pm We were there a few weeks ago, but we just passing thru on a rental Camary and never say overnight. Do you eat all the fish your got, or you are doing bait and release? I love fish, but it is a lot of work to dress and cut it out in the field, but maybe it is because I am too lazy.
I love striper (rockfish) but after May 1st you can only catch and release, the fish are going to their spawning grounds in the Roanoke River so they are only there for for about 30 days, half which is catch & release days only. Walden NC is the self-titled Rockfish Capital of the world.

The only time I don't clean myself is when we catch 20+ pound salmon, easier to drop off at smoke shack then in morning pick up cleaned, smoked and packaged. But actually I eat very few fish I catch, most are trout and I usually release to keep populations up, trout populations are stressed here in the East.
IMG_0467.jpg
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.