Leveling the RV

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Big Beast

Leveling the RV

Post by Big Beast »

Is it worth looking into a leveling system such as Big Foot? I haven't had much experience going off road, but am planning to do so quite a bit soon and was wondering if this makes sense. It seems that leveling blocks would require quite a bit of trial and error effort as opposed to just pressing a button especially if the weather is not so nice.
dougm

Re: Leveling the RV

Post by dougm »

If you have to extra cash laying around why not.... Main question would be can they find a suitable spot to mount the rams.
Big Beast

Post by Big Beast »

If I am not mistaken, a leveling system was an option. Therefore I would assume there are places to mount the rams.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

My 2001 has the HWH Corporation hydraulic leveling system. I believe it was original option.

I had to get extensions for them from HWH when I put lift on. I rarely spend more than one night at same spot and usually arrive late and boonedock off-beaten path, so I actually rarely, very rarely use them. I kinda find a "good-enough" spot and leave it at that. I have blocks but don't even use them.

However, to your question, the leveling system is very nice and does make it easy.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
daltonbourne

Post by daltonbourne »

Perfect for a travel trailer! I've bought two sets of RV leveling blocks from Camco so I can put them under my leveling jacks all the way around when on grass. They hold up to my 9,000 lb trailer when driving. In addition, I love that it has an interlocking design and doesn’t slip like other levelers. 
daltonbourne

Post by daltonbourne »

daltonbourne wrote: November 14th, 2021, 5:56 am Perfect for a travel trailer! I've bought two sets of RV leveling blocks from Camco so I can put them under my leveling jacks all the way around when on grass. They hold up to my 9,000 lb trailer when driving. In addition, I love that it has an interlocking design and doesn’t slip like other levelers. 
It is two to three times cheaper than other leveling blocks of the same design and material so I would recommend these RV leveling blocks. Plus it has its own bag for easy storage, which is always great since you want to be mindful of the space your tools occupy in your RV.