Upgrade for PM problem

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Upgrade for PM problem

Post by chin_k »

Manitou wrote: July 15th, 2020, 10:04 pm hahaha.. I didn't even do that color thing. The default setting for the forum software did it for admins. Want to volunteer to be an admin?
No thank you. I was was one of the admins with a different forum, and it was difficult job. The people here is very different, however, and so I think you have a much easier job. At any rate, I am sure all of us really appreciate everything you do for us here. :D
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

We are a very lucky bunch I think. People seem to get along and have a mutual respect for each other. 90% of my admin stuff is just approving/disapproving 1st posts. It's pretty much 50/50 real people and spam attempts. I want to say thanks to everyone for being civil, light hearted, and even a little humorous. :D
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

Back to the issue at hand.. well, unfortunately the developers for the forum software pulled the patch back that would have fixed the bulk delete pm problem. They have opted to include it in the next version of code. I wouldn't have done this larger upgrade had I known then. I'll keep an eye out for the next update (it should be minor in comparison.. I hope).
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Argh! After you did all that upgrading, too :x

I hope the next patch at least build upon all that work so you gained something by doing it now.

Speaking of PM's, I have a question for you: Would it be a negative from your end to increase the capacity of our inboxes to more than 50 messages? I realize that will take more space but since it is just text is that a big burden (or not)? That would be nice and for now would alleviate the "Release all on hold messages" that sends one to deleting one message at a time.

Or maybe other people don't keep saving messages like I do :oops:
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I would have increased the number of messages allowed if I could find the setting. So far, no luck.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Manitou wrote: July 18th, 2020, 2:20 am I would have increased the number of messages allowed if I could find the setting. So far, no luck.
Send me the admin password, and I can do it for you ;)

Seriously, there gotta a setting that you can change. How many private messages can you have in *your* inbox? you are using PHP, correct?

Here is what one said in the following thread "The limits can be set per user group. So in the Admin CP under Users, Manage Groups, edit each group and set the limit. " I don't know how applicable the discussion is for this forum, however....

https://community.mybb.com/thread-20770.html
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

this forum is using phpbb not mybb. I'm sure there is a setting somewhere. Just finding..

aaannd I found it. I obviously wasn't looking hard enough before. Up'd it to 200. Let me know how that works for you all.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Hallelujah! Thank you SO much for persisting. It is very much appreciated. I feel like someone just dropped a bunch of money into my bank account. Presto!
1999 Concourse