RV Cover

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: RV Cover - ProTECH DO NOT BUY

Post by 68camaro »

68camaro wrote: August 28th, 2018, 2:51 am I recently bought the ProTECHtor Class C RV Cover (RVRB-30), $138, for my 2001 Concourse, not a custom fit, but I think fit is really good, tad on bigger side but I wouldn't want any smaller. Seems well made. Only had for couple weeks but works, Has straps to hold cover tight and zippers to get in vehicle.
I bought the ProTECHtor Class C RV Cover (RVRB-30), $138 in Aug 2018, while my above post at the time said I thought it was well made I was WRONG. In only 15 months the roof top is deteriorating so bad that any pull will rip fabric. You can see were the fabric has wasted away to very thin material that rips if you touch it. Waste of $138.00 Maybe it was too cheap.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: RV Cover (UPDATE)

Post by 68camaro »

68camaro wrote: August 28th, 2018, 2:51 am I recently bought the ProTECHtor Class C RV Cover (RVRB-30), $138, for my 2001 Concourse, not a custom fit, but I think fit is really good, tad on bigger side but I wouldn't want any smaller. Seems well made. Only had for couple weeks but works, Has straps to hold cover tight and zippers to get in vehicle.
UPDATE: The ProTRECHtor cover I bought above lasted about 15 months max. I live in VA so we don't get crazy weather. The cover was $138 so on lower price end but I was still surprised how quickly it deteriorated.

I recently purchased the Gold Shield 5L - RV Cover for Class C RV 20 - 23' long. This cover was $339 so more than double the price of the old cover. First impressions is that it is made very well and in fact is their Extreme Weather cover. Time will tell how it holds up. To help it last I cut a pool noodle into 4 pieces and put each piece around the solar panels corners as I think those corners are cover killers.

The Gold Sheild 5L Class C 20-23' I bought is too long, the next smaller was 18-20' so I thought that would be too small. They do have a class B 20-22' size that might work also but I didn't want to chance it. The reason this matters is because the cover is heavy and bulky, in fact much heavier and bulkier than my original cheapie cover.

The size and weight matter because I put on and take off myself and it is much more difficult to do both than with a thinner lighter version. It takes a lot longer without wind and with wind very difficult. I am getting better at it but I miss the lighter version when putting on/off.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Fjb

Re: RV Cover

Post by Fjb »

Update as promised on our RV cover purchase. As mentioned previously, we purchased this Expedition cover “used” knowing that it would be too long as previous owner did not recall the actual size he had purchased. We have had it on our Chinook 21’ since last October and this is how it looks 7 months later. It had a few patches from previous owner that are still intact and we are very pleased with it. It is in pretty much the same shape as when we put it on. It is a little too large and significantly too long as noted in the photos but it has held up remarkably well.
Attachments
FC878E1D-D370-437C-AF14-E8CA8C39AB3F.jpeg
5E34AF57-A810-42B1-A869-ABBDF71D8D37.jpeg
CF1EC4AC-89F2-4573-AA0D-4191A8CE562B.jpeg
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

So, per the guidance here, I bought the Expedition cover on Amazon. Took delivery, and installed, today. Fits like a glove! And took the suggestion of going with the Class B 18-20ft. Perfect fit for those still investigating. The quality seems decent. Time will tell. Took a bit to install for the first time, but as long as you aren’t R&Ring daily, no sweat!

By the way, I have two of the tall vents and a Thule roof cargo carrier on top. Still full coverage.
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Thank you for the feedback. If you can post pics, that will be excellent. Keep us posted, since I will need a cover too.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

Cover1.jpeg
Cover1.jpeg (2.8 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
Cover2.jpeg
Cover2.jpeg (2.78 KiB) Viewed 4636 times
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area
Fjb

Post by Fjb »

Update. This is the second year we have used this cover and we are very happy to report that it has held up well and looks to be in the same used condition as when we purchased it!