Answer - "Because of where they live."

Travels and adventures.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Answer - "Because of where they live."

Post by 68camaro »

Question - "Why do we fish for trout?".

(If you click on pics they should show correct format)

There are other reasons as well we fly fish for trout, but the place trout live are the most beautiful place one can find, IMHO. Below are some pictures of recent 4 day boonedocking trip fishing mountain streams/rivers in western and south western VA. Temps were great, fishing awesome and Chinook got a lot of attention and is perfect for my needs.

Had quite a few questions on rig, people loved it and said it was exactly what they were looking for. I gave lots of info on pricing, availability, my shopping experience etc. to a few folks.

My new power systems/batteries worked out great. The Trimetric digital battery monitor is really nice, it allows fine tuning of amp/battery usage. I still think knowledge of the systems and how to manage is most important, but combined they make a very stress free boondocking experience.
IMG_7859.JPG
IMG_7836.JPG
IMG_7862.JPG
I couldn't get my camera out fast enough but when I walked out into stream and looked up there were two deer about 25 yrds upstream looking at me, we stared at each other for awhile but once I went to get camera out the slight movement spooked them off...it would have been amazing shot with deer in pic.
Attachments
IMG_7870.JPG
Last edited by 68camaro on July 5th, 2019, 7:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Answer - "Because of where they live."

Post by 68camaro »

Here is what I woke up to on New River....
vkpFwJxlRxGdVFJ6H6cLqQ.jpg
Also for kicks and giggles here is pic of camaro at first car show/cruise-in of season - I don't enter car in judging due to having to be there All day...tons of beautiful cars....
IMG_7791.JPG
SMan

Post by SMan »

Beautiful Pictures. Never been to Virginia. Looks much like western Washington. Would love to make it there someday!

BTW Nice Camaro. I hear you on car shows and sitting around for judging. My wife and I enjoy them but never enter. I have a 69 El Camino, the wife a 69 Mach I.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

SMan wrote: July 5th, 2019, 8:38 am I have a 69 El Camino, the wife a 69 Mach I.
Stan, you have two amazing muscle cars. For last few years I have had two cars in mind for next project, a 69 El Camino, black-on-black with tall blower, or a 71 Nova with big block and full cage. The camaro is very streetable, my next car will be barely streetable or legal :lol:
SMan

Post by SMan »

My El Camino has a Corvette LT1 with an 200R4 trans. Lots of tuning issues with the LT1.

Wife's Mach 1 has a 351 w/auto trans. Both nice but not so nice that they can't be driven. :lol:
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Both are really quintessential muscles cars from that era, the Mach I sounds original with the Windsor 351 and a built up El is just plan bad-ass, shifting with that tranny and LT1 must be fun.