Chinook Owner's Manuals thread (various years+models)

Storage area for pdf's, doc's, etc..
Blue~Go

Chinook Owner's Manuals thread (various years+models)

Post by Blue~Go »

Here are some of the Chinook owner's manuals I've collected. Most are Concourse and Premier, but there is one Glacier. I have yet to digitize the paper copy of my 1999 manual. I don't know about other years, but my '99 Concourse came with a blue, vinyl-covered loose-leaf notebook with a Chinook logo on the cover, and the manual was in that notebook.

I have found it useful to browse through "other year" manuals because sometimes a feature is shown that I have but is not in my year's manual. A couple of examples I can think of are the added fuse blocks by the driver's left shin, and the location of the coach chassis grounds on the frame (both of which I have).

I will PM Manitou and see if maybe we can have the file size limit raised for this forum sub-section. If so I'll come back and replace the fuzzy "reduced size" manuals with the larger files (which are crisper). Edited to add: Size for this sub-forum upped to 10mb, so I'll replace the "fuzzy" manuals now.

If you have a manual to add, please do (just make a reply to the thread). If there are questions and/or comments, maybe start a new thread in another section so that this is "just reference data" and not discussion.

1995 Chinook Owner's Manual (Concourse and Premier)
1995 Chinook Manual.pdf
(3.46 MiB) Downloaded 1132 times
1998 Chinook Owner's Manual (Concourse and Premier)
1998 Chinook Manual.pdf
(7.1 MiB) Downloaded 1306 times
2000 Chinook Owner's Manual (Concourse and Premier)
2000 Chinook Manual.pdf
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 1374 times
Last edited by Blue~Go on November 16th, 2015, 6:39 pm, edited 4 times in total.
1999 Concourse
Blue~Go

Re: Chinook Owner's Manuals thread (many models+years in thr

Post by Blue~Go »

2004 Chinook Owner's Manual (Concourse and Premier)
2004 Chinook Concourse Manual.pdf
(5.35 MiB) Downloaded 886 times
2004 Chinook Owner's Manual (Glacier)
2004 Glacier Manual.pdf
(9.08 MiB) Downloaded 581 times
2005 Chinook Owner's Manual (Concourse and Premier) (This one is still reduced because the original is 28mb; but I think it looks decent still.)
2005 Chinook Concourse Manual reduced.pdf
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 520 times
Last edited by Blue~Go on November 16th, 2015, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1999 Concourse
Blue~Go

Re: Chinook Owner's Manuals thread (various years+models)

Post by Blue~Go »

1994 Chinook Owner's Manual (Concourse and Premier)
1994 Chinook Manual.pdf
(725.9 KiB) Downloaded 588 times
1999 Concourse
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

1978 Chinook Owner's Manual, courtesy of Douglas Anderson on the Vintage Chinook Facebook page:
1978-Chinook-Owners-Manual-compressed.pdf
1978 Chinook Owner's Manual - compressed
(4.07 MiB) Downloaded 1124 times
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
angryfatcat

Post by angryfatcat »

I'm looking for the manual for a 1999 Concourse. I've looked through the manuals for the 2000 and 1998 model years and it looks like there were some small design changes between 1999 and 2000. Do any of the 1999 owners have a digitzed version of their manual they could share or know where one can be downloaded or purchased?

Thanks in advance...
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

The coach does not change over at model year for our rig, so even for one particular year, there can be different variances within the same year, and so the manual may not fit everything. What specifically is the differences between the 2000 and 1998 that you want to see applies to your rig?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

I need to digitize my '99 manual. On mine I can say the '98 manual is very very close. There are a couple of minor DC wiring changes (color of detector wire sticks in my mind).
1999 Concourse
angryfatcat

Post by angryfatcat »

chin_k wrote: June 27th, 2019, 5:45 am The coach does not change over at model year for our rig, so even for one particular year, there can be different variances within the same year, and so the manual may not fit everything. What specifically is the differences between the 2000 and 1998 that you want to see applies to your rig?
Just to clarify things a bit, we're about to acquire a '99 Concourse. Unfortunately, the manuals are not longer with the Chinook, so we're trying to read up as much on the specific model year before we actual take posession of the RV. Getting the RV home will be a long drive and we want to make sure we are as familiar with the Chinook as possible before we get on the road. From what I can see, the '98 seems to be a better match than the 2000 Manuals, but I've been looking at both.

Also, I noticed the '98 manual refers to the Chassis manual in some places. I'm assuming this would be the Ford E-350 manual that the Chinook is based upon.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Good (and happy) reason to be looking over manuals! For my '99, the '98 manual is closer, but I do have the "2000" detector wire color (minor point). Reason I have studied both of those surrounding-year manuals is that my '99 manual is not digitized and sometimes I want to look something up on my computer vs. a paper notebook (btw my manual is in a navy blue, Chinook labeled loose-leaf notebook -- in case you see something like that aboard.

Take a look at the Ford VIN and other chassis info on the driver's door jamb. If your chassis is a '98, then it's an earlier '99 Chinook. If the chassis is a '99, then it is a later '99 Chinook. And yes, the chassis manual is the Ford owner's manual. In mine that is in the usual automaker small format and plastic "wallet" provided by Ford.
1999 Concourse
angryfatcat

Post by angryfatcat »

Blue~Go wrote: July 2nd, 2019, 6:27 am Take a look at the Ford VIN and other chassis info on the driver's door jamb. If your chassis is a '98, then it's an earlier '99 Chinook. If the chassis is a '99, then it is a later '99 Chinook. And yes, the chassis manual is the Ford owner's manual. In mine that is in the usual automaker small format and plastic "wallet" provided by Ford.
Good advice, thank you. The VIN decodes to 1999, so it stands to reason that ii is a late model 1999 Chinook. It makes sense that the '99 Chinooks would be a combination of older and newer chassis model years. Fortunately, the E-350 manuals are pretty easy to find on the internet. i've already downloaded a pdf of the manual. So, I think with the Chassis manual and the '98 and '00 manuals I should be pretty close.