2004 Glacier Inverter always inverting

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: 2004 Glacier Inverter always inverting

Post by chin_k »

Does this inverter comes with the optional "Connect Inverter ON/OFF Indicator Jack?" It sounds to me is a way to find out if the inverter is inverting or not, without triggering it to come on when the sense circuit sense the current draw.

I never seen these inverter, so take my comment with a big block of salt here.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
ltg

Post by ltg »

Both the remote panel and the inverter have a LED light that comes on Yellow when the inverter is providing AC power from the batteries. You can see this yellow light in some of the pictures in post one above. I don't think the model being discussed has the on/off jack port.
ltg

Post by ltg »

Kruggy88,
Would you please tell the Forum what you determined was the problem with your Inverter and what you did to resolve the issues. Your solutions may help Forum Members who have similar issues.
Kruggy88

Post by Kruggy88 »

Update... I have come to the conclusion that the voltage sensor seems to not be operating. It always thinks there is voltage so it is always inverting. I will plan on keeping the inverter in charge only and turning the the inverter on when I need it. I can’t justify spending the $600-$800 to replace it. Maybe some day. Thanks for all the help and I will post if I figure out anything else.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I wonder if there is a way to install a remote switch or relay so that it will be easier for you to change the inverter mode.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis