No Power from Generator while generator is running

Split from General / Technical for discussion of anything electrical, electronic... 12v, Inverter, Satellite, Headlights, flashlights etc.
dougm

Re: No Power from Generator while generator is running

Post by dougm »

No worry, all of us were noobs at some point. I took a good blow to the head a few years back so some days im easier to get along with than others. It isnt your fault in the least. Toss in all this corona crap and thugs burning down buildings and cars everytime you turn in the news and my patience goes out the window. :?
jonebones1

Post by jonebones1 »

hi, I currently have the opposite situation, shore power not running A/C, but genr does. if I do the switch in the ATS can I leave it that way for a while until I can replace xfer switch? thanks, local service centers are booked out for weeks.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

It takes a few minutes before the ATS connects the genset, so it is not your issue here if you only issue with the shore power.

If I am in your situation, I would just by pass the ATS and connect the AC panel directly to shore power. Once you got your ATS, you can connect it back up so you can use your generator. You should also test your ATS and make sure it is defective before discarding it. Maybe one of the switches (solenoid) is mechanically welded and won't close/open? I assume it uses solenoid switch and not solid state....
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis