kitchen faucet.

Section for discussion of Chinook interior and appliance issues, repair or installation.
jc&ac

kitchen faucet.

Post by jc&ac »

On my Glacier the kitchen faucet is leaking just under the handle. I'm thinking the o ring(s) need to be replaced. However I can not find any info on how to take this moen 87810S Purtouch apart. Any suggestions!
kdarling

Re: kitchen faucet.

Post by kdarling »

Some leaky washer replacement info here if you scroll down to Kitchen & Bar - Maintenance section.

https://www.moen.com/customer-support/f ... leshooting

Also other Moen pages have an exploded parts view. Like here:

https://www.moen.com/support/PureTouch/ ... cet/87810S
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
jc&ac

Post by jc&ac »

I'll check out the Moen links. Many thanks!
jc&ac

Post by jc&ac »

Thank u, I found good info on mown site,could now remove old cartridge and found new one at hardware store, faucet working well.
kdarling

Post by kdarling »

Excellent!!

Thanks for the feedback, and glad that your perseverance paid off.

Do keep or post info on that part. It might help others in the same situation.

Kev
1994 Concourse dinette, Ford 7.5L (460 V8)
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

kdarling wrote:
Do keep or post info on that part. It might help others in the same situation.
Oh absolutely! Don't we all know the high-high, followed by the low-low when you find a thread with the EXACT problem you are facing (yay!!!) and then at the end it peters out, or a solution is found but no details given. Augh!!!!! Crushing.
1999 Concourse
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

Hey all..my 2004 Premier has a kitchen sink faucet with two plastic knobs. It is working fine, but the cap on the hot water knob has lost its "teeth" and come off (part that goes over the screw used to remove it). I went to replace it, thinking it was a typical Phoenix (popular RV brand), but that knob is not the right size. I'll return it to Home Depot...But, before I go hunting blind down the rabbit hole for the correct knob, I am hoping someone here knows the brand, make and model of our dual handled faucets. Any and all assistance greatly appreciated.
Thanks
David
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Can't you put epoxy glue or crazy glue on it to give it more "bite" while you looking for the perfect knob? It is usually hard to get replacement part for faucet unless it is a major brand.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

I didn't want to epoxy cuz that would make it difficult to access the screw to take knob off in event of having to do a valve cartridge repair. But, as luck would have it--even a blind squirrel will find a nut once in a while-I did find the exact knob on Etrailer...
For future reference for those of us with the dual handle faucets, here is the info:

Replacement Knob Handle Set for Phoenix Faucets Catalina Dual Handle Faucets - Clear
Item # PF6-R40-9HC

David
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Great that you were able to find the exact part. Interesting that both handles turn in the same direction to turn on. Most faucets that I remember have the hot and cold rotate in the opposite direction.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis