Coach removal

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Duke

Coach removal

Post by Duke »

Any body ever lift the coach off the cutaway ? Can it be done ? Is it hard will it cause damage to the coach? Thanks for any replays, Duke/Wade
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Coach removal

Post by chin_k »

It can be done, but what is the purpose? Was the coach need to be disposed? You may want to see if there is any info on the fellow that put a Chinook onto a ambulance chassis and see if there is any info he/she can share. It is a lot of work, however, due to the number of wiring, plumbing, and physical connection involved.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Duke

Post by Duke »

Just curious , if I was ever to come across a salvage one that had front end damage to the cutaway was wondering if it could be grafted to I new cutaway , like the one on eBay that was done on a 6.0 , but I would go for a 7.3PSD , or the new 7.3 gas they are producing now , just dreaming outloud , but I was wondering if anybody had torn one down that far! Thanks for the reply , Duke/ Wade
Duke

Post by Duke »

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto/d/ ... 82178.html
To bad this one is torn down so far I would consider it if it still had the bath and if the the fiberglass hadn't of be messed with.
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

It can be done, just like any other cutaway chassis with and aftermarket coach on it. Just got to separate the chassis elec from the coach elec mostly. On alot of our buses its just one cable that goes to a power distribution box. Biggest obstacle I see is getting the coach off off the econoline cab and properly being able to support and raise the coach off the chassis. I have wondered about doing this myself if I ever was to stumble across a a really clean coach that ended up being totaled or something but one has to wonder about the coach if the rv was to go through such a traumatic even. I think the ideal situation would be finding one with a blown motor or transmission then salvaging form there.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4