concourse stripes

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Concourse St Tropez

Re: concourse stripes

Post by Concourse St Tropez »

You might want to consider a trip to France to have it repainted.
A full body (not just the cab) paint & stripes will cost 4000 $ over here 😃
NevadaNook

Post by NevadaNook »

Hey there, I'm working on repainting the stripes on the rear of my Chinook as well. I found a blue that matches the light blue really well, but am having a hard time matching the dark one. Do you have the paint code for it?
Thanks in advance!
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Isn't there is paint code on the door? Mine is water damaged. It would be nice if we can put the paint code info in the Reference section.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Chinnin-about

Post by Chinnin-about »

Paint color scanners are frighteningly accurate. Napa auto parts in my neck of the woods did mine. Call around automotive paint suppliers, and drive your Chinook to them and have them scan it.
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

markatherton wrote: July 3rd, 2020, 10:32 am Here is a shot of my painter laying out the stripes. I had the Chinook letters and "concourse" reproduced. The font on the concourse is not exact but I think it is close enough. I never realized the chinook letters are "laid forward" or "laid back" depending on which side they are on.DSC_7075.JPGDSC_7074.JPGDSC_7073.JPG
I'm impressed that you tackled this yourself! I am about to get my stripes repainted. I don't suppose you would be able to send me what I would need to get those decals/stickers replicated, would you? Of if your shop still has the details, maybe I could contact them and they could make a set? Would be very much appreciated.
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area