Ford van consoles/replacement, 1997 and newer chassis.

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Blue~Go

Re: Ford van consoles/replacement, 1997 and newer chassis.

Post by Blue~Go »

Maybe this is still too much, but it is free shipping and the 2014 style ($129). They can be kind of spendy to ship so the free shipping is a plus. I can say it's really functional design (IMO) as that is the one I'm running now. I didn't buy from this seller though and mine was "new in box" not a take out.

There are 4 left as of now (29 sold):

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAY-FORD-ECON ... ceupt=true

Here is the "clown face" ~2005 one. Also around $125 free shipping. This one looks a bit more banged up but not horrible. Unless you smoke I wouldn't worry about the ashtray lid being missing because you can just pull that whole section out and it reveals a storage cubby. The ashtray was an added option.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/GRAY-FORD-ECON ... ceupt=true

An advantage to the 2014 one, if it applies to you, is that it leaves the floor "free of console" right up to the doghouse. So if you tend to swing your feet through that area when going to the back you'd have open space vs. the clown face one goes right to the floor and blocks more floor area. I have had both of these and slightly prefer the 2014 one, but the clown face is my second favorite. I'm using the 2014 one now though and don't see myself changing back.
1999 Concourse
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Those two links are the same but I’ve seen the clown face 2005 and it goes for over $200. If you saw one for 125 send me the link and I’ll pull the trigger on it, although I saw that there are some E350 wrecks at pnp locally that I might want to check first, like Chin did.
2000 Ford E350 415CI/6.8L V-10 Triton Chinook Concourse XL Club Lounge
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Geez, duh, wrong second link. Now let me see if I can find it again. It was a clown face for about the same price, free shipping. Not as nice looking as the 2014 one (condition), but maybe a contender?

Okay, let's try this again:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/03-19-Econolin ... :rk:7:pf:0

The "ashtray" pulls right out to reveal a finished storage compartment that looks similar the one behind it, so the ashtray lid being missing doesn't make it "broken" unless you were planning to use it as an ashtray.

Even "back in the cheap days" I paid around $130 for a clown face console (granted it was in really nice condition). For some reason they always seem to be a bit more. Then my pristine Beverage Mate sold for peanuts :cry: But the bigger ones are so much better I only cried for like five minutes.
1999 Concourse
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Today I went to Pick-n-Pull and found TWO!!! scary clown face consoles just sitting separate from the doghouses in two different Econolines. One didn't have the black trim in the ashtray compartment, so I took the one that did, albeit it is not in the best condition. It has scuff marks and small holes, and no ashtray. I'm going to have to polish it up some. I read here somewhere that instead of using Armorall or similar, there's another better product used for detailing, so I'll research that soon.

Pick-n-Pull is having a sale this weekend, and they told me that if I joined their mailing list, I would get the 40% discount today, so I signed up for free. The console cost $15.15 out the door.

http://www.picknpull.com/events_and_spe ... il&ID=3525
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Here it is. I don’t like the big opening so I may buy the tray cover.
Attachments
63EFAE74-BEE2-4B35-A106-B915315F0629.jpeg
Astrodokk

Post by Astrodokk »

Awww heck, I forgot to do it landscape. Oh well, pleasant dreams with the clown face.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Scary SIDEWAYS clown! Run!

Seriously though: Score! Geez, go back and buy the rest and sell them on eBay, pay for the Chinook 8-)

Is it the ashtray "big opening" you don't like? When I had that console that was where I liked to set my phone. So what I did was cut a piece of galvanized flashing (happened to have it lying around; could also have used very thin plywood or whatever) to set flat in the very top of the recess and make it a flat area even with the top adjacent to it. I put a bit of grey Scoot Gard on it so my phone would not slip, which also made it just all look grey (you could paint the cover to make it look even better). Then I had a "secret compartment" under my phone, plus a flat area (which I wanted more than yet another hole).

I think that one also has a hidden sunglasses type shelf in the big open compartment on the front?

Such a great find!

Shoot for $15 I'd go back and get the other one and put the best parts of both of them together.
1999 Concourse
OutdoorGal

Post by OutdoorGal »

Does anyone happen to know who makes this aftermarket console replacement for 1998 and newer Chinook Concourse. I am unable to make out the manufacturer's logo towards the bottom of the console on the storage door.

The picture was posted in an online ad for a 1998 Chinook Concourse that was sold long ago. I have tried uploading the image for an Internet image search, but the results were zero. I have also tried eBay and Amazon with no luck.

I do realize that the doghouse also has some type of custom wrap/shroud that appears to match the carpeting color in the cab. I am interested to know who makes that also.

Thanks for your help!
Attachments
Aftermarket Doghouse.jpg
Aftermarket Doghouse.jpg (9.41 KiB) Viewed 2981 times
Outdoor Gal
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Isn't that made by BeverageMate?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
OutdoorGal

Post by OutdoorGal »

Thank you, chin_k, for your response. I've never seen the BeverageMate "luxury" console before and assumed it was aftermarket. Assuming usually gets me in trouble.... :oops:
Outdoor Gal