MorRyde Removal

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
HSSC

Re: MorRyde Removal

Post by HSSC »

One thing I want to mention. I'm not anti Mor Ryde. I just would like to simplify things in the back suspension. There are the two brackets that hang low behind the rear tires that is part of the Mor Ryde system that could be in the way in offroad situations. The plumbing hangs low back there as well. My Premier being a 4x4 will get tested from time to time and gullies and washes will get crossed.
I don't want people second guessing a system that works fine for their needs. Ken.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

For what is is worth, I do have the Mor Ryde and am happy with it. I also installed a Fox Steering Stabilizer and it helped a bunch.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

We have almost ten e350/e450s with the mor-ryde. The higher gvwr's require quite a rear leaf spring for the weight. I think what they were attempting to do was lessen the jolts when empty with that rubber insulator. I think it works marginally. I have had my fair share of replacing those rubber insulators, but I have had to replace more of the factory metal hangers with the shackle. They just twist and rip right off the frame. I think whichever you go with either one with enough time and weight on them is going to require some sort of inevitable repair eventually. I am intrigued by the noticeable difference in handing though.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
Pdevol

Post by Pdevol »

Is it possible to simply remove the MorRyde system and replace it with some else, like air bags to dampen the ride?
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Yes, it can be done, but the fabricator will need to replace the MorRyde mechanism with the one for the air bags. The exhaust pipe was in the way of servicing the MorRyde, so it may need more work when install the air bag system.... just a possible complication.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

Out of pure curiosity, has anyone installed and airbag setup in conjunction with the mor-ryde and leaf springs? My coach unloaded sags about and inch or two to the rear. I think i am going to replace my old mor-ryde insulators first to see if they are stretched with age and levels out afterwards but if not I am thinking about adding airbags just to lift level out the coach. only need and inch or two.
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I would make sure the MorRyde is not ripped. They do not really stretched, unless you put more weight in the back. You can put a stiffer MorRyde "spring" there to replace it, but the ride will be more bouncy. Take a look at some of the photo on the forum to make sure yours is not damaged.
Pdevol

Post by Pdevol »

When you talk about removing the MorRyde and replacing it with one suitable for air bags can you be more specific. Right now both rubber blocks are ripped and the driver’s side mounting hardware doesn’t align left to right. MorRyde is telling me I have to replace the rear bracket as well as the two blocks.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Pdevol wrote: May 11th, 2021, 5:02 am ... the driver’s side mounting hardware doesn’t align left to right. ..
Do you have a pic that show the align issue? I would like to know how it was damaged.
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

Hey all-

Pulling this thread back up. How tough of a job is it to just remove the MorRyde system and go back with standard shackles? Would I just use factory shackles and the ride height should be the same as it was with the MorRyde set-up? One side of mine is sheared completely. I think I would just rather ditch the whole system.
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area