Outdoor propane source?

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Outdoor propane source?

Post by chin_k »

Interesting, Scott. What can you cook with a wok outdoor? I thought a regular flat bottom pan maybe better than wok, unless you want to do stir fry and such. I would use my 5 lb bottle, but so far, I almost always just use the burner inside the rig. Last time we tried, we were attacked by millions of mosquitoes when we were trying to make some food before sun down.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 2000 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis (built in 1999)
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

I use a flat bottom stainless steel pan with lid for some things. (On the same setup) But I love the seasoned carbon steel wok for the heat control and flavor. We eat a lot of stir fry for sure. But this morning I made an avocado omelet in the wok and it was a lot of fun. Salmon steaks last night. The wok is also great for popcorn, and deep frying (I'm a sucker for schnitzel). Don't tell anyone, but last year on the 4th of July I brownd 48 hot dogs in about 10 minutes. Thread derail. My fault :lol:
1994 Premier
FatBuoy
**Forum Contributor**

Post by FatBuoy »

Scott wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 9:52 amDon't tell anyone, but last year on the 4th of July I browned 48 hot dogs in about 10 minutes. Thread derail. My fault :lol:
Yes, but the big question: How fast did you put em away, and did you use a glass of water to wet em down when doing so? :D
Scott wrote: June 2nd, 2020, 9:03 am I bought all the parts and never ended up installing them.
Wana sell em?
2001 Premier aka "Anookie"
Dallas, TX area
daltonbourne

Post by daltonbourne »

Steps to Hook Up an External Propane Tank to Your RV: The first step is  looking for your motorhome’s permanent propane cylinder. Turn off the propane gas and remove the regulator cover (if any) before disconnecting the gas regulator from the tank. The next step, you should install a propane kit to connect a cylinder to your RV tank if your camper or trailer doesn't have one. The third step is connecting a hose between the tank and the propane adapter to hook up an external tank. The last step is to connect your fuel-powered appliance (a grill or an outdoor shower) to the correct port. Run a hose long enough to hook the fuel-powered appliance to the system. Ensure there are no leaks to prevent any accidents.