Adding a throw rug and tacking it down

Post project writeups, ideas, DIY mods and off the shelf modifications and improvements. Also "Known Issues" and their resolutions.
Fawn

Adding a throw rug and tacking it down

Post by Fawn »

My floor heater no longer works. I don’t intend to correct that but what I’d like to do is secure a throw carpet over the wall to wall carpet that comes with the Chinook Concourse. I have a rubber backed runner laying on the carpet now but as you know, carpet on carpet is a constant reorienting job. I’d like to tack the throw rug down but am afraid of the wiring for the heater under the carpet. Is there any danger to the electrical system, or to myself if I put a small tack through the carpets into what I’m assuming is a plywood floor?
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Adding a throw rug and tacking it down

Post by chin_k »

how about double-side adhesive tape they used for taping carpet together, or a plastic strip with tacks on both side?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 2000 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis (built in 1999)
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

Thanks for those suggestions. I'll look into the plastic strip with double tacks. I hadn't heard about any double sided tape that was strong enough but will inquire at a rug place. If there is something like that, I can sure use it in my house as well.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

I was in same boat and used the double sided carpet tape. Works really good, I wear studded wading boots in mine all the time so I am pretty hard on it and it is holding up well.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Fawn

Post by Fawn »

OK I'm totally convinced! Double sided carpet tape, here I come.