Loud engine knocking

Everything to do with engines, options, upgrades.
Steeldriver17

Re: Loud engine knocking

Post by Steeldriver17 »

You guys are right, new engine is the way to go. I've already signed a seasonal contract for this same campground for 2022 and part of my contract allows me to store the rv here all off season. I'll be keeping the rv here and putting a new engine in next year.

In the meantime, I'll just be riding my motorcycle to Florida, buying a diesel truck and a 32' travel trailer. That was the plan anyway. Next year when I come back, I'll do the engine swap and sell the chinook.
Steeldriver17

Post by Steeldriver17 »

Also, I wasn't even bummed or upset. In my life, I've been lucky enough to realize 2 things that I consider to be very important:

1: The things that happen to you are out of your control. Your reactions to those things is not.

2: life does not present you situations you are incapable of handling.

I honestly laughed when it happened. I thought it was kind of funny.. Sure, it's a financial burden, a wrench in the gears so to speak, but if life were all easy moments, we wouldn't enjoy and cherish them. It's the difficult times that make the good times so good by comparison.

Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate you.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

It is great to feel positive and optimistic even when bad things happens. I personally tried to have the same outlook on life as you do.

Another alternative is to let someone take over the engine project but that really depends on where you are located, and if there is a competent person who have the time to do this nearby. It won't hurt to ask around, and you can always change your mind and proceed with your original plan of doing it yourself.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
markatherton

Post by markatherton »

I was surprised how affordable a rebuilt v10 was from Ford Motor Company. They will want your old engine as a core and will want your vin number to make sure they sell you the right one...