YIKES! Locked out in remote area......

Travels and adventures.
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Re: YIKES! Locked out in remote area......

Post by Flame »

Duct tape just ain't what it used to be . But...there is a big difference between what you buy at the Dollar Store and what a commercial air conditioner repairman uses!! To actually use when building a AC duct. That stuff will pull your skin off!!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

deppstein wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:44 am My “lock-out” solution was to put a full set of back-up keys ....
I would not put that many keys in one place. I would put some keys there, and use those keys to open up more secured location with other keys in there. This way, at least the thief will have some fun with scavenger's game.
Flame wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:57 am That stuff will pull your skin off!!
Maybe I can use that to keep me looking good in swimsuit this summer ;)
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Flame wrote: June 20th, 2020, 9:57 am Duct tape just ain't what it used to be . But...there is a big difference between what you buy at the Dollar Store and what a commercial air conditioner repairman uses!! To actually use when building a AC duct. That stuff will pull your skin off!!
So true, I have some rolls I picked up somehere that are as thin as paper.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

How truly horrifying. I can imagine the relief when you found the extra key! I had locked myself out of the nook one time, luckily I had my other set of keys and one of those was close enough to open the chinook entry door and I got in that way.....
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I wonder if the fan opening is big enough to get in. If the screws and bolts can be removed from the top, it maybe the better way to force into one if there is no other option. Maybe just big enough to insert the arm and then fish out the key with a rod?

But I guess the E350 is easy to open with a jimmy rod anyway, so why do we need to go thru the hassle of doing all this security? Maybe take 2 seconds for the tow truck driver to get in if he wants to show off.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
dougm

Post by dougm »

This is why i keep a spare key in my wallet. Not that you take your wallet on hikes, but a person might wish they had if someone breaks into the vehicle while youre away on a hike.