Water Pressure Regulators

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Water Pressure Regulators

Post by pdemarest »

Found out that one of the campgrounds we're going to warns that there water pressure may get pretty high and advises RVers to use a water pressure regulator. I was going to order one and then noticed that some keep the pressure down to 40-50 psi while others allow for 55 psi. Reviewers were saying that the more restrictive regulators slow down the flow too much.

So, I'm wondering what the plumbing on my 2003 Premier will take in terms of psi. I'd like to have the a good flow but don't want to blow out my plumbing. Any advice?

Paul
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Water Pressure Regulators

Post by chin_k »

According to the manual on my 2000 Chinook, there is a build-in regulator that limits the water pressure to 125 psi. I guess it suggests that the plumbing can handle up to that pressure. I'll limit my pressure to 80 psi in my house, FWIW.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

Hi Paul. I sent you a PM.
1994 Premier
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Several topics with recommendations on "water pressure regulators"... here is a good, typical backup for "peace of mind".... it's adjustable, with actual pressure gauge:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0719 ... UTF8&psc=1
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
pdemarest
**Forum Contributor**

Post by pdemarest »

Thanks guys - I had ordered a regulator that goes up to 60 psi so now I know for sure I won't be sending it back.
Paul Demarest
2003 Premier V-10
daltonbourne

Post by daltonbourne »

I bought a water pressure regulator Renator M11-0660R for my RV and it works great. I am on my first trip since buying it and I was impressed with how well made it was. It is an adjustable regulator, which means that I can make adjustments to it up to 160 psi. It is equipped with a pressure gauge that has oil to minimize friction that might happen on the interior components. All fittings were easily hand tightened and leak-free.