We picked up our Chinook today! So excited!

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
CaliforniaLG

We picked up our Chinook today! So excited!

Post by CaliforniaLG »

We are so pumped, we finally picked up our 2002 Destiny 2400 today! It is almost perfect, needs some work or a replacement fridge, and we want to upgrade the solar but otherwise, it's in nearly all original condition with some new fans and faucets. She does have a CUSTOM paint job (I would have preferred the classic paint job, but if it's gonna be a custom one, at least ours is pretty cool).

Please send any first-timer tips and tricks, and I will be reading up as much as I can here in the forumImageImage
Lauryn G
2002 Destiny 2400
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Re: We picked up our Chinook today! So excited!

Post by 68camaro »

Very nice.....enjoy.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
sm350bl
**Forum Contributor**

Post by sm350bl »

Nice, The next few days of combing through it and checking everything out will be very exciting!
Rich
2000 Concourse 7.3L Powerstroke 4X4
Alfie Farrand

Post by Alfie Farrand »

Looks great good luck
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

Welcome! Nice Rig. Let us know what your “use plan” is (wanting to camp in pretty places without electricity, or mostly plug-in electric sites…long distance/weeks in Rig or short trips, carry bikes, want to get out on water, etc.), then we can offer advice to suit needs.
Regardless of above, I would start by plugging into electricity at home, filling water tank, keeping pump on to pressure the system so that you are getting water flowing from faucets and able to flush toilet—then leaving pump on for several hours while you check to listen to see if it’s”recycles—that would indicate a leak somewhere (size of leak related to frequency of recycle)…fixing leaks right off will make life much more pleasant in long run. I’d also try I fully charge battery (using some type of “smart charger”) and then checking to see how well it (they you are lucky) holds a charge with lights on. Replacing overhead lights with plug-n-play LED modules will also help extend battery life.
Checking other systems, age of tires (check dates stamp on sidewall…replace if more than 8 years older regardless of tire wear.
We all have our preferences about best sleeping surface, and gadgets we love…but that depends on your use pattern as previously mentioned. The more specific your question, the more help we can provide. This is a great group—really helpful and full of very knowledgeable people.
I’ll stop here and let others weigh-in.
Most of all—HAVE FUN…don’t freak out. You have one of the most solid, well built Rigs around.
terance13

Post by terance13 »

Congrats! We bought our 2001 Premier last year and despite a few minor repairs/replacements, it has been so much fun.

Be prepared to have people, especially women, come up to you and say things like "that is so cute", "that is a great size, even I could drive that", "wow, that is so cool, can we see inside?"

Enjoy!
Djam6115

Post by Djam6115 »

Awesome, what a beauty! We too just picked up a 2002 Destiny 11/25/21 and are so excited to get out on the back roads, exploring America! Would love to meet up with you sometime and compare notes and problems and solutions. Currently our refrigerator only works on 12 v or 110v not on propane. Going to re-cover fold out couch and modify the dinette. Switching all lights to LED.
Please keep us posted on your progress.
Djam6115

Post by Djam6115 »

Here’s our one week new to us Chinook Destiny, we can’t wait to get back traveling! Are there Chinook gathering s at Quartzite this year? We would love to meet other owners and swap travel stories and exchange ideas
Attachments
7E6CB867-B023-43C3-A477-B910397B3466.jpeg