PSA - 20 year old Fan cover

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

PSA - 20 year old Fan cover

Post by 68camaro »

Recently woke up next to mountain stream in pouring cold rain in wonderfully furnaced warm air:), I usually like to get on water asap but this was perfect morning to lay in bed and listen to rain. Dozed off for another hour and decided to get up to head out.

Stopped in bathroom and to my surprise stepped into a unexpected soft shower, looked up and noticed half my roof fan cover was missing and I was getting wet. it seems the drive was too much for the brittle 20 year old fan cover so I got on roof and covered with trash bag and sealed with duct tape (gotta love duct tape).

Once home perfect replacement was had at local RV shop for $21.00 and took a whole 5 minutes to replace.

Why I bring this up....I am learning that with a 20 year old rig simple preventative upgrades/changes can lead to less hassles on the road.

As a side note - when I was walking back to rig saw a guy on 4 wheeler stopped and looking at my rig, turns out is is caretaker of the property across from area I was camping, he was actually retired from Yakima and knew all about the Chinooks and he couldn't believe to see one in Virginia mountains. Encounter was great because he directed me to a remote honey hole spot over a mile up a trail, I had to check out, so I did and it was freakin' great.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: PSA - 20 year old Fan cover

Post by chin_k »

Probably should continue in the Campfire forum, but tell us any story from the Yakima folk.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis