New Chinook Owner!

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
helmstrick65

New Chinook Owner!

Post by helmstrick65 »

Greetings!

Yesterday, I returned home with my new travel trailer, a '21 Chinook Dream D177RD. :) I am very excited to tinker with it and get it out somewhere for some relaxation. I owned two other travel trailers, so I'm not a total newbie, but I'm sure I will be leaning on some of you for sage advice on my trailer.

Have a great day!

Chris
Portland, Oregon
stanleycaboose.jpg
Manitou
Site Admin

Re: New Chinook Owner!

Post by Manitou »

Well look at that, the Chinook folks have expanded the models available. Welcome to the forum. I think you may be the 1st travel trailer here. I may make a section for travel trailers if we get a few more folks.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

I guess we need new sub-forum.....welcome.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
Relic6.3

Post by Relic6.3 »

helmstrick65 wrote: March 19th, 2021, 11:04 am Greetings!

Yesterday, I returned home with my new travel trailer, a '21 Chinook Dream D177RD. :) I am very excited to tinker with it and get it out somewhere for some relaxation. I owned two other travel trailers, so I'm not a total newbie, but I'm sure I will be leaning on some of you for sage advice on my trailer.

Have a great day!

Chris
Portland, Oregon

stanleycaboose.jpg
Hi,

Question about the quality of workmanship for the Dream line of travel trailer now that you have had yours for a few weeks. Any concerns? I am looking at a 2021 Dream Hauler DH175. From the pictures on-line it looks like it has enough storage and will tote the bike nicely.
(none)

Post by (none) »

I'm late to the party here. I looked a few times on this site and did not see any information on TTs so i really haven't been back.

I picked up a DH175 toy hauler about 6 months ago, seem to be a pretty early one in the area. Glad i did when i did... the prices have gone up quite a bit since then.

I was looking for a small travel trailer that could hold a motorcycle and/or bicycles AND do not require them to be removed to use the trailer. So far, i'm really enjoying the setup. It's small, but its usually just me or me and the dog. At most it's me, my GF and our 2 dogs. We fit just fine.

Quality has been as good as expected. The only real issue i've had is the wheel wells were not sealed well, so they would leak water when driving on a wet road. Oh and there is a sliding (barn style) door for the "garage". It is useless. It doesn't seal if that was the intention. When closed, the bathroom door can't be opened and the fridge can't be fully opened. I came home with the trailer, removed the door and it won't be going back in.

leaky wheel well (both were the same)