Watch out

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
Gold
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Watch out

Post by Gold »

The real sad part is, what should i do? If i put a new cat on it , i may as well put a sign on it saying Come and get it!?
JabberBox

Post by JabberBox »

Until people demand felony punishments for cat theft nothing will change. In the mean time all you can do is build an enclosure of some type around the cat that makes it impossible for them to quickly remove it. If they see that its going to require an excess amount of time and effort to steal your cat they will leave it and move on.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

I will have my shop wrap CAT in steel wire to slow thieves down, but I do worry they get pissed and wreck something just to be a-holes......
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

68camaro wrote: December 6th, 2021, 9:01 am I will have my shop wrap CAT in steel wire to slow thieves down, but I do worry they get pissed and wreck something just to be a-holes......
Always a concern, but it will probably make a bigger noise and mess, and more likely for them to get caught.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 2000 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis (built in 1999)
Gold
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Gold »

Update…3 inch butt joint for muffler side..blackhorse stainlessw . 3 by4 flex for downpipe side. 26 inch 3 inch pipe from custom
Exhaust place. Items from Amazon.Works pretty well, not overly loud and no check engine light…. Yet.
grantandash

Post by grantandash »

There was an ask to see what my shop would install as a cat theft deterrent, here's where we ended up:
IMG_0222.jpg
Hope it's enough to convince thieves to move on to the next vehicle!

BTW if you're a Chinook owner in CA and this happens, buckle up for a big pain in the butt with getting the replacement CAT inspected by the "Bar" for smog inspection. Basically bc there were no factory replacement cats I could get, the weight of the vehicle causes the state to require the aftermarket cat to be a much bigger one, which then needs a special exception on file to pass a smog check. So I had to have my guy install it without the cat cage, haul it across the city to be inspected and approved by the state "referee," and then bring it back to the shop to have it removed and reinstalled with the cage. What a pain!

CA needs to loosen up the bureaucratic red tape to accommodate this crime wave. Or be better at policing it, but we know that isn't happening. :lol:
2003 Concourse XL Dinette, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I wish the world is more perfect, but that is what we have :(

These cables are not that difficult to cut with a cable cutter, but so far, most of them only have a cordless saw, and will hopefully move to the next target.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 2000 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis (built in 1999)