Concourse Leaf Springs

Everything about Chinooks that isn't option specific. Please check if your post is more appropriate in another category before posting here.
JabberBox

Concourse Leaf Springs

Post by JabberBox »

Could someone with a Concourse count the number of leafs in their rear spring pack for me? I need to know the total leaf count on the entire leaf spring.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Concourse Leaf Springs

Post by chin_k »

It's kind of difficult to see with the dually wheels, but I counted 9. Don't know if I missed any. How many is the OEM on the Ford E350 dually? I assume it is Ford standard spec. I would go with the OEM spec.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

I wonder if mine suppose to be like this. If that is the cause, I completely messed up the count.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8l7bf0n3RE
dells2000con

Post by dells2000con »

Mine shows 9 leafs as well
2000 Concourse "Hummingbird edition" Triton V10 Banks Power kit
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

Mine is in shop to get new leaf springs, there should be white tag on one that gives specs. Tomorrow I will ask if it was there. Shop says mine has 9 but I'll confirm.

Hopefully tomorrow I will find out if we can get locally or else I will order probably from Atlas or maybe Weldtec if they can make quicker. Atlas quoted $1200 over phone, $200 for u-bolts and $325 shipping to East Coast. I am looking to remove 2" blocks plus get another couple inches over stock.
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

$200 for two U bolts is kind of step, but I guess I am completely new to how expensive automotive parts can be.
68camaro
**Forum Contributor**

Post by 68camaro »

chin_k wrote: October 19th, 2021, 4:34 pm $200 for two U bolts is kind of step, but I guess I am completely new to how expensive automotive parts can be.
Agreed......Supply chain another issue, I am looking at 2-3 month wait unless can get done quicker locally. Strange times......
2001 Concourse XL Lounge model, 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis.
JabberBox

Post by JabberBox »

ok thanks guys. I was looking on SDtrucksprings.com and the heaviest spring they showed for an E350 van was 10 leafs. Im still waiting on Timberline vans to get back to me on a time frame for springs, also still waiting on a reply from weldtec. As far as the U-bolts go, i would look on SDtrucksprings or just goto your local Inland truck parts and get them. $200 is criminal.

Also as a sidenote, when installing lift springs, based on what i have read, they tend to move the tires forward considerably, seems to be a common complaint. I am running on the assumption that i will have to buy a pair of axle relocation plates to move the axle back an inch or so. Anyway, pinion angle should also be checked. But if you do weldtec they should be able to answer those specific questions for you.

I may just try some E450 springs and shackle flip. My primary concern is spring sag and vehicle weight. If i break a spring for some reason during a trip or even just around town, im just SOL for 2 or 3 months to get a replacement. Thats not good if a guy is stranded out of state someplace.
JabberBox

Post by JabberBox »

Latest from Timberline is 6 weeks build time for 6 inch lift springs at nearly $2000 shipped to me. :shock: :?
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

No wonder our rig is worth $50k because a pair of U-bolts is worth $200, and the spring is $2k.

I bet later we will need a barrel of cash to buy a loaf of bread. :o