PM messages stuck in Outbox

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

PM messages stuck in Outbox

Post by deppstein »

Manitou (or anyone else)...I’m trying to respond to a PM from Terance13 asking for pics of my Modifications, but my responses seem to be just lying there in the Outbox—not showing as sent messages. Help please to let me know what I am doing wrong.
Thanks
David
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Re: PM messages stuck in Outbox

Post by chin_k »

I used to have different problem when I was not able to read message in the inbox. It is because there were too many messages, and the space allocated does not allow to show more. I have to get the software to delete the old message before I can see the new messages again. Maybe it is the inbox filled up on the receiver's side that cause you to not able to send it out? Or it is simply because the recipient did not click on the message and read it? Just guessing here, never deal with PHP before.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

When you send a PM, it will stay in the "outbox" until the recipient picks it up, when it moves to your "savebox." So if a message stays in the outbox, it means the recipient has not picked it up yet. If the recipient went to their messages area they would see it as a new message, but until they click on it and open it it will not move to your savebox (at least as I understand it).
1999 Concourse
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Only thing I want to add is that it is called "sent box" once the message is read. I still have a few messages in the outbox that the people I send to never read. Some people just don't login and read the message often. Maybe you want to contact Terance13 some other ways?
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
deppstein
**Forum Contributor**

Post by deppstein »

Thanks (again) Blue-Go and Chin_k...I did send myself a message as a test and it ended up in the sent box, so I’m figuring that Terance13 has yet to read my responses to him. We’ll give it a couple more days.
David
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Well, duh, I meant to say "sent box" not save box. Thanks for catching that.
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

Looks like you guys figured it out. Hopefully the next version of the forum code inproves the PM system.