Coronavirus Covid19 and motorhome life?

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Re: Coronavirus Covid19 and motorhome life?

Post by Scott »

Oh shoot. My apologies. I just realized that everything I had posted was already mentioned by chin. I should pay more attention. Good luck none the less.
1994 Premier
Flame
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Flame »

My gfi breaker trips almost everytime I wash the vehicle or it rains real hard. What are the replacement suggestions for these recepticles? I don't want to spend $200 on a explosion proof one though!! What is everyone doing to solve this problem? we get 70-100 inches of rain per year here!! And I do like to keep my rig clean!!
1998 Concourse V-10 Triton....AKA...Land Shark
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

Flame wrote: March 31st, 2020, 4:16 am My gfi breaker trips almost everytime I wash the vehicle or it rains real hard. What are the replacement suggestions for these recepticles? I don't want to spend $200 on a explosion proof one though!! What is everyone doing to solve this problem? we get 70-100 inches of rain per year here!! And I do like to keep my rig clean!!
Here is a link to a replacement outlet cover. Over time, the gasket deteriorates and allows moisture in. I replaced mine a few years ago.

https://smile.amazon.com/RV-Designer-Sn ... _item?th=1

You should also replace the outlet if it shows wear and tear and check the wires for corrosion. You can usually cut the wires back an inch or so to get to new copper, if you see corrosion. It is a standard house outlet.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

If it just surface corrosion, you maybe able to use a sandpaper to sand off the copper oxide, as long as it does not take off too much material.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis