update to phpbb code

Off topic, tall tales, general chit-chat.
Manitou
Site Admin

update to phpbb code

Post by Manitou »

I just installed what was supposed to be a small update to the backend forum package. 1st attempt was not successful. 2nd attempt got us back up again, but I'm not 100% confident all is well. Let me know if you notice something broken. thanks.
Blue~Go

Re: update to phpbb code

Post by Blue~Go »

Thanks for all you do to keep us up and running!
1999 Concourse
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

Maybe this is a coincidence, but is anyone else being logged out after each visit now? I have it set to "remember me" and in the past might have to re-log-in once every couple of months or so, but 99% of the time when I come back I'm still logged in.

Since the update I am "logged out" every time I come back, despite checking "remember me" each time. I haven't made any changes on my end - same everything.

Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing it?
1999 Concourse
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

I'm seeing it too Blu. I think it has to do with the secure ssl (https vs just http). Seems that part isn't being enforced as the default anymore also.
Blue~Go

Post by Blue~Go »

At least it's not just me. Don't you hate it when you make improvements and then it breaks things? Grrr. I'd never have the patience to do what you do!

BG

PS: This is not a real complaint (not as important to me as remembering my log-in status), just a note, but the cool sunrise mountain gradient that used to be at the top left has been replaced by a phpBB logo. Just for the record.
1999 Concourse
HoosierB
**Forum Contributor**

Post by HoosierB »

Same thing here. No "Chinook RV Forum" graphic....and the log-in problems Blue is having....
"Wanda" – '01 Chinook Concourse XL V10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

The login every time is a pain. I think one of the boards that I used to be on died, and it is one of the reasons when people don't bother to login anymore. I think people here are more dedicated, but it will be nice to fix, if possible.

The attachment bug was mentioned in this thread. It is not Winblows 10 issue, since I have the same problem with attachment.

The black box on graphic is probably not related to the recent code change, however.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 1999 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis
Manitou
Site Admin

Post by Manitou »

thanks for the feedback guys. I don't see the same things everyone does. I think my browser has stuff cached. Also, a BIG THANKS to everyone that pushed for backups on this forum. I needed to restore 2 file just now (the left top logo and an SSL redirect thing). It also showed me that we filled up the backup quota and they started failing a few days ago. No biggie though.. I just told that backup system to only keep 2 months worth of backups instead of 3.

Hows the login issue? see the old logo now too?
SMan

Post by SMan »

I am magically logged back in again. :lol: Since the upgrade I was logged out and couldn't remember my password. :lol:
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
Kirah
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Kirah »

I see the old logo again. Not having any trouble with the login. 8-)

I still can't attach files/images though. I can click the Attachments tab, but the content of the tab is not rendered in the page.
1999 Premier, now minus all passenger side cabinets and appliances :twisted: