Exterior Coach Light

Buy, Sell, Trade, Give away.. Stuff.
Forum rules
Vendors are strictly limited on the website. If you make, import, wholesale or otherwise provide any product or service for compensation, or receive any fees, bonuses, product or commission for products, providing links, customers, information, or reviews, you must contact the forum owner for a vendor tag before actively pursing any business, review, or related activity on the site. Hobbyist manufacturers are encouraged to provide unique goods or services, but also must obtain an appropriate vendor tag.

Vendor tags are simply an identifier, are provided free of charge and must be for a product(s) or service(s) which benefit the forum members.

You may however, conduct yourself freely as a member of the site with no tag, provided you do not advertise or otherwise sell, link to, provide a website for, or engage in any other activity that could be construed as vendor related.
kevin donald

Re: Exterior Coach Light

Post by kevin donald »

Hi Mike,

I still have my 2 porch lights if you are interested. I just now (3 months later) saw your PM to me.
IMG_9503.jpg
Cheers!
Kevin
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Kelvin, can you tell me how you remove them? I tried, but after removed the top and bottom screws, none of them will come off. Did you just ply them off carefully? Thanx.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 2000 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis (built in 1999)
BobW9

Post by BobW9 »

After the screws are out they are going to be held by silicone (at least on my Concourse they were). Slide a thin blade under the edges all around to loosen/break the silicone bond, and then pry it out, being careful not to scratch/mark the fiberglass gelcoat.

I use a long thing Olfa knife that I saw recommended on some boating blogs. The knife is great, and when you buy the long solid blade you end up with a very thin but strong 3" blade (bends just enough to slide deeply behind fixtures, like my rear door and water heater when I removed them). Amazon:

OLFA 5003 L-1 18mm Ratchet-Lock Heavy-Duty Utility Knife
OLFA 9009 L-SOL 18mm Heavy-Duty Solid Blade, 10-Pack

For prying it up, I use this wedge kit. It is vinyl that is hard enough to work, but soft enough to not worry about scratching anything. Press it into any small gap you can make with the knife, and then tap gently with a hammer to force it in deeper to widen the crack until the silicone seal breaks. For my water heater I had to slowly move around the edges multiple times until I got the seal broken all around (it was a massive amount of silicone Trailwagons used!). They do wear out, like I ruined the edges on 2 of my wedges getting that water heater removed, but they work well and are fairly cheap. I got mine for $5.99 for 4 under a different name, but the only current kit I see of the exact ones I bought on Amazon is $9.99.

Katzco Plastic Doorway Wedge Kit – 4 Pieces
2000 Concourse, Ford Triton 6.8 V10
chin_k
**Forum Contributor**

Post by chin_k »

Thank you, Bob. Great hints.
2000 Concourse dinette, on 2000 6.8L Ford E350 Triton V-10 Chassis (built in 1999)
SDgoRV

Post by SDgoRV »

kevin donald wrote: June 14th, 2020, 3:01 pm Hi Mike,

I still have my 2 porch lights if you are interested. I just now (3 months later) saw your PM to me.IMG_9503.jpg

Cheers!
Kevin
Hi Kevin - Do you still have these? Please let me know... TYSM :)