Gadgets I'm Considering

Stuff that goes in your Chinook but isnt really part of your Chinook.
Jlfchinook

Re: Gadgets I'm Considering

Post by Jlfchinook »

Does anyone know if the coke bottle opener in a premier is brass or steel, mine was missing and I want the correct replacement. I know my concourse is brass, just do not know about the premier.
2000 Concourse, 2001 premier
SMan

Post by SMan »

Jlfchinook wrote: August 8th, 2020, 1:44 pm Does anyone know if the coke bottle opener in a premier is brass or steel, mine was missing and I want the correct replacement. I know my concourse is brass, just do not know about the premier.
My Premier opener is magnetic so I suspect it isn't brass.
Steve aka SMan
2004 Premier V10
caconcourse

Post by caconcourse »

Jlfchinook wrote: August 8th, 2020, 1:44 pm Does anyone know if the coke bottle opener in a premier is brass or steel, mine was missing and I want the correct replacement. I know my concourse is brass, just do not know about the premier.
I cannot imagine Trail Wagons using different bottle openers on their units. It would be more trouble and cost to keep them separate than saving a couple of dollars on a $90,000 RV.

My first purchase after I got home with Harmony (our 2001 Concourse) was a coke bottle opener on EBay to replace the missing item.

At any rate, all the pictures I have seen had a brass-colored opener, but who knows what lies beneath the surface.
Clay
2001 Concourse
Santa Barbara, CA
Scott
**Forum Contributor**

Post by Scott »

caconcourse wrote: August 8th, 2020, 7:14 pm I cannot imagine Trail Wagons using different bottle openers on their units. It would be more trouble and cost to keep them separate than saving a couple of dollars on a $90,000 RV.
Fair point. Maybe they were trying to give the higher-end model more of a nautical look.

Independent of the plating, I'd bet it's cast iron? No need to waste money on softer red metal.

I just use a screwdriver.
1994 Premier